When we work with clients seeking modeling and acting work, we focus on delivering the images for a model portfolio. The portfolio will include:
- 1. Beauty Shot or Clean-face headshot
- 2. Casual Full Length Body
- 3. Swimsuit
- 4. Editorial/Fashion
- 5. Commercial/Catalog
- 6. Smiling/Styled
- 7. Lingerie/sleepwear (optional)
In addition to the model portfolio images, we love using the available wardrobe and switching-up the poses for more fashion-inspired portrait work. At the end of the session, you will have a host of outstanding images to choose from, both to satisfy the portfolio requirements, and for personal photographs to celebrate the day! As with all our shoots, there is no obligation to buy a particular package. We will deliver several dozen beautiful photos from which you can choose your favorites. We have confidence in our services and know we can deliver photographs that you will cherish for years to come!
Here are a few tips for clothing selection and styling:
• THINK VARIETY – Simple solid neutral color tanks (black, white or grey), jeans and more casual summer dresses to cocktail party looks and formal dresses. The more variety the more photo choices you will have.
• BRING VARIETY OF COLORS – If not cautioned, many women come to their shoot with almost all black. Do not hesitate to bring color! The more variety the better. Every woman has a shade of red that looks absolutely marvelous.
• SOMETHING FOR NIGHTTIME – Modeling often includes sleepwear and lingerie options. If lingerie is not your thing, consider a cute pajama set!
• GO WITH THE FLOW – The more flow that your dresses have, the more movement you get in the photo. Don’t hesitate to bring some dresses that are long and luxurious, even if they are slightly too big. We can pin or clip them in place, or position you so the dress looks like it fits you like a glove. Plus the movement gives you something fun to do. Twirl, spin and dance! Having fun at the shoot will show us in your facial expression and make for a more enjoyable experience for you!
• THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX – Have fun with your outfit choices and jewelry. (yes, don’t forget jewelry) Look through your closet for a see through or lace blouse, a soft sweater you can pull off your shoulders, a vest or sleeveless sweater. Any unique or cropped tops can be cute too.
• TEXTURE is GREAT! Look for clothing and accessories with great textures, such a shaggy fur(-like) overcoats, lace shawls, or beaded blouses.
• MAKE A STATEMENT – Don’t forget jewelry. A statement necklace can be cool for a few images and add texture and interest to a photo or an outfit. Bring a few choices in earrings and rings as well. Long necklaces make for great props and short colorful pieces can add drama. A long strand of pearls can be delightful in photos.
• THE HIGHER THE HEEL, THE BETTER – And most of all don’t forget to bring some killer high heels! Heels that match your skin tone can go with many outfit choices. Black heels are a staple. However, anything with straps, studs or bling is a must. The higher the better.
We also offer styling services. If you would like to book a personal styling experience, one of our partners is an experienced style consultant and personal shopper who has worked with people of all ages, sizes, and styles. Please give us a call to book your personal stylist.